Search This Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Begining

Welcome, Its a strange thing when you create your own blog how do you start what do you write...
If you write something is it interesting enough for people to read it, is what your writing enjoyable to read. Well who really knows.
The idea of this blog was for me to express my view and passion about "Vino" (aka wine) i'm sure there will also be other food and alcohol related talk in here too...
Writing is not one of my strong point, however as it has been pointed out to me over the years the only way to get better at something is to do it and practice.
Wine is one of my biggest passions in life. I didn't grow up in an environment where i was exposed to it via the family situation. I developed this passion/addiction all by my self. I began working in hospitality when i was quite young, and developed a love for all things alcohol. I started by being very interested in mixology and blending flavours together, often across bounties that we previously not crossed. After working in sever of the best cocktails bars about town I met my wife SJ. I firmly believe that if it wasn't for SJ i wouldn't have developed the love for vino that i now have. It was our mutual love for going out and enjoying ourselves that fostered our interest in wine. We loved to eat at the best restaurants that we could. During this constant eating out (thankfully i was getting great tips to fund this fun) that we also naturally developed a taste for all this vino.
Over the years we have developed that passion and attempted to drink a wide variety of vino. SJ remains my favorite drinking partner as she is always keen on sharing the next bottle I have found in the back of some little wine shop of something that I have ordered off the web. However she is always the voice of reason when I'm thinking about spending my months wage on what all call the most amazing wine.
Hopefully during the course of this Vino Blog you will enjoy reading about our expereinces in wine. There wwill not be any specific structure to this blog. It will be a simple collection of my thoughts on OZ wine. It wont just be limited to OZ vino however i do think that we make some of the best vino in the world so i try to drink it over any other.
Happy reading.
Feel free to comment on anything you like and if you want anymore information on anything in the blog just me know.

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from Australian Wine Journal and welcome to the interweb! Keep up the good work Troy!

    Cheers,
    Chris P

    ReplyDelete